Art painting collections are more and more popular to people all over the world. Original oil paintings have never lost their preeminent position as a prized possession for any art collector. More and more people like to choose the prefect canvas painting for home decorations. It is grace and fashion. But how does one select a good quality oil paintings online?
Online art galleries are everywhere, fake paintings are everywhere as well. To save yourself from over paying, it is important to choose a reliable online art gallery that has adequate credentials and testimonials. Then you need to choose the oil painting according to the following tips:
1. Decide in which room and on which wall you wish to hang the oil painting.
2. For a room with minimalist furniture, go for something bright. For a heavily furnished room, choose something light with a simple design. Also keep in mind the color of the wall.
3. You can also decide upon the subject depending upon the character and decorate of your room. For instance, a spacious living room with an adequate floor area and wide walls done in pastel shades would look classy with an expansive landscape. For your study which is lined with bookshelves with not too much empty wall space, you can pick an interesting still life or portrait and so on
4. Decide whether you want to buy an oil paintings from pictures of a particular genre or a particular piece by a certain artist
5. Decide on the material of the painting. Make up your mind whether you want to have an oil painting done on canvas or on paper and browse the online art galleries accordingly
6. Measure and note down the approximate size of the space where you have decided to hang the painting.
7. Browse the gallery and check the paintings in their largest size to get an idea of the actual size.
8. Keep the resolution of your computer screen at the maximum setting when checking out oil paintings in an online art gallery.
9. Fix your budget. It will help you save time and target the paintings which fit into your budget.
10. Determine whether you want to buy framed artwork or unframed. For unframed paintings, shipping charges are relatively lower.
12. Check out the payment options and which credit cards and debit cards the online art gallery accepts. Check how long the shipping would take.
The most important is to find a good online shop, not only with the cheapest price, but also the quality and the service (shipping, return service, design service and so on) is the most important.