There are many ways to find a plumber, but how will you know which plumber is the best among the whole lot? If there is no choice when there are limited number of professionals, this problem would not exist; but where you have plenty of choice you will need to look up some important criteria before you make up your mind about which plumber or plumbers would go on your ‘the best to contact’ list.
1. Credentials – it is important to check the credentials of the professional. What type of certificates does he have, is he accredited, licensed, etc. Check all the credentials – do not be shy about this for you are going to pay him good money for his work; you might as well be satisfied that he is qualified for the job.
2. References – be sure to ask for references and check carefully on these. References are actually the best way to find out whether the professional in question delivers as per his claims. When you are looking up professionals on the Net, you would be able to see review remarks or rank which would tell you how well the work of the professional was received by his customers.
3. Personal interaction – shortlist a few Plumber Elderslie and get to meet them and talk with them. This is not exactly an interview, but a way to find out whether you feel comfortable with the person. Sometimes, such discussions would throw enough light upon the professional capacities of the person to help you decide.
4. Trial work – you could invite the person to take up a small task on a trial basis – so you could see how he is working. Very often, this would provide you with enough insight on his capabilities to help you decide whether or not you want to continue with his services.
5. Charges – this is a very important item of course. A lot depends upon the charges the plumber quotes for his services. Look up for professionals who offer their services for average or slightly below the average fees. Avoid those who charge too high or too low for obvious reasons – (i) those who charge too high might not suit your budget; and (ii) those who charge too low might not be up to the mark.
6. Service guarantee – this is one of the most important criteria. Does your plumber offer you a service guarantee? If so, for what period? This is especially important if there is any new equipment is installed; in such a case, you also need to find out about the maintenance procedures of the new equipment.
7. Cleaning up after the work is done – a good plumber would always have clean up plans for you. You would appreciate not to have to clean oil off the floor after he leaves. Ask the plumber about what and how he proposes to work so as to ensure that the cleaning task is reduced to the minimum and how he proposes to do it.